RIP_Mackster

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:37 pm
agree totally zanchy :)
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Treyarch

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:47 pm
Only the noobs will say no to ratings...
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [ViCiouS]Archybot

Posted 29 October 2011 - 12:58 pm
Where? I don't see it. Can you link me or copy paste?

And why are you being a **** to everybody?

http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/75033/:368475#post368475

It's just the ignorance in this topic makes me lose faith in humanity.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Rapidfire

Posted 29 October 2011 - 1:02 pm
ok .. let me think back in day hmm.. we all played blood maps and looked down on cbf players .
CBF was **** you would get noobs who had no idea who to attack and it would lag like a ****
the map was 50% waste of time . Then some idiot realized we can make that spawn auto ..
i remember the oringinal cba auto witch was mix of rambits cba came out before . So
not only do the noobs now not have to spam t they got there 1in 8 chance of winning from a random civ.
and being carried . So CBA has gone from the bad to the worst . why?
CBF noob map attracts all the noobs the ratio of noobs too oldschool etc some what good player who want to learn diff maps is not good. when it comes to the voobly ratio . so what do we do to fix this?
#1 We get rid of ratings
#2 new rating system dosn't reward cba players (why should a random civ map be rewarded)

how can u make rating system when the true battle is between clans
your a nobody go play cba

bring back clans better then ever with bonuses to make randoms want to leave cba
only here we will pass down smosh vet hero graves phat khan gwarz ****es and..

Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Rambit

Posted 29 October 2011 - 1:59 pm
Quote:
As i see it, the point addiction comes mainly from the fact, that there is no end / maximum rating. And also because there are generally no limits (like explained in point 3.). But that is completely senseless in my opinion, because in CS the rating system has ONE sense, which is to be able to have a good game without feeders, quitters, "noobs" etc. Or lets say it different: To have a game with players which are at the same skill level (but i have to say, me personally dont find that good, because "noobs" should also have the possibility to play with skilled players in order to be able to get better, as long as they WANT to get better and not ruin the game ("feeders").).
So -actually- it may be enough already to just differ between 3 - 5 "levels", like "Newbie", "Novice", "Advanced", "Expert", "Professional" (kind of carom3d).
You may be onto something with the max rating. We have tried levels in the past and we had quite an uproar about it, however now I have come to expect that from any change we make. I think we just need to learn to accept that despite upsetting people at first the change would be better in the long run. Whether it be changing it to a level system, removing ratings all together, or another idea.
Quote:
The rating system is lacking many things. Everyone knows in order to get a good rating, you should only play 1vs1. Therefore also the community is "hurted" and has a big disadvantage (people which play for ratings prefer 1vs1 instead of team games)
I have seen people posting about how this is a good thing. Team games don't always show your skill (you could team with good players and win even if you are not good at all). But 1v1 you have to be better than the other player, simple as that.
Quote:
Then there is one more thing i would like to write down:
Me and many other players dont like some of the maps, which are authorized as rated maps. For example the old Voobly Rambit Version with that henry compared to the 10th version which was used to be played in GSA. I would still prefer the 10th version.
Or who had the idea to put a villager into Path Blood Heroes? For me and also other players that just ruins the the style of the map.
So my suggestion is to make the map-pool which can be rated, more "opened" / more free. Do something that normal players have a motivation to develop new maps and let them for example be rated by a "voobly map rating team" in order to be accepted as a playable rated map. The only things which should be important for that permission, should be that the map doesnt has major bugs, which makes it unplayable and of course not any advantage for the host or any kind of cheats etc.
The system we have in place is similar to that. There are multiple versions of most of the popular maps.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Rapidfire

Posted 29 October 2011 - 2:13 pm
Rambit.
You are the one who made rambit cb , you made some other cool maps too that where fun remember warrior defense was it? but like i said cb and now it's coming back to haught you i luv the irony hehe.
Point is you where never a blood player and you will never understand that it was the maps that where not cb we all loved and want back in cs .
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [ViCiouS]Archybot

Posted 29 October 2011 - 2:14 pm
Rapidfire wrote:
Rambit.
You are the one who made rambit cb , you made some other cool maps too that where fun remember warrior defense was it? but like i said cb and now it's coming back to haught you i luv the irony hehe.
Point is you where never a blood player and you will never understand that it was the maps that where not cb we all loved and want back in cs .

Rambit made/help made a lot more maps than RCB bro.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Rapidfire

Posted 29 October 2011 - 2:16 pm
i should also add that the cbf map originated from the japanese cb if anyone remembers that lmao
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Rapidfire

Posted 29 October 2011 - 2:18 pm
mate i know rambit made a a hell of lot maps and i got great respect for the man but like i always said it aint no spider blood :D
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Rambit

Posted 29 October 2011 - 2:19 pm
Quote:
Do you mind responding to this post Rambit? It answers most of your questions.
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/75033/:368475#post368475
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 RIP_TridenT__

Posted 29 October 2011 - 2:24 pm
most ppl want them removed i see ..
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Rambit

Posted 29 October 2011 - 2:24 pm
Quote:
Rambit.
I was never a full time blood player no. I play every map, I don't dislike a specific genre I just dislike repetition. That is why I don't play CBA any more, because there was a stage where it was so easy to get a game of it so id just play that lots, but like every other map I got bored of it. I've made several bloods, you probably play at least one of them on a regular basis.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Rambit

Posted 29 October 2011 - 2:26 pm
Quote:
most ppl want them removed i see ..
Yes, but most people who want them wont bother to comment until they are removed, and then we wont hear the end of it. What I am looking at isn't so much the numbers, but the points people are making and ideas they are coming up with.

Another one I had yesterday was only let game 1-20 be rated. Would make a mad rush for those game rooms but it would be a compromise on both parts.
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 Rapidfire

Posted 29 October 2011 - 2:32 pm
i do understand you made castle blood and added razes so if anything you tried to make a noob map a semi noob lol ,anyways maybe some new map called voobly bloood and put an end to this cba anyways i remebered the name of that map pyrimid blood !
Link | Válasz | Idézet
 [XceL]Donnie

Group: Gold Membership
Posted 29 October 2011 - 2:33 pm
I'd just like to point out that Rambit is in ViCiouS currently which is a blood clan ;lol

Link | Válasz | Idézet
«789101112131415161718[19]2021222324252627
Displaying 271 - 285 out of 404 posts
Ugrás:
5 User(s) are reading this topic (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 5 guests

Most active threads in past week: